29 December 2009

Hullo There, Beautiful!


I call this board "Carrot" even though she isn't orange. She is the board that I've designated as my motivation to get this knee to bend even further. The more the knee bends, the easier it will be to pop-up on shorter boards. To date, the shortest board I've ridden was a 7'10" when a friend and I traded boards out in the lineup. My knee tells me it can't go shorter than that. My brain begs to differ. I believe I can and will return to my mid-sized boards.

Truthfully, though, this board came to me as a . . . well . . . a vision. By that I mean there was a board that kept popping into my head. I didn't know what it was. All I could do was describe it. Finally, I told Paul Gross about my visions. I could not get this board out of my head. He immediately knew what I was seeing. "Carrot" is the end result.

She's a seven footer. That's the magic length for a hull. Since I love riding hulls, it made sense that I would get one in the optimal length (even if I'm not sure that I can get to my feet quickly on a board this short). Thank you, Paul! Thank you, Spence!

8 Comments:

At 12/29/09, 5:37 PM, Blogger SlowPolk said...

Sweeeet!

 
At 12/29/09, 6:09 PM, Blogger pranaglider said...

That's a fine board! When the time is right you'll have a hull of a good time.

 
At 12/29/09, 8:08 PM, Blogger 6ftnperfect said...

verrrry nice! Is that the paint job by the speed painter?

 
At 12/29/09, 9:04 PM, Blogger christian said...

That's a fine looking board!

 
At 12/29/09, 9:22 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

Speed painter?

 
At 12/30/09, 12:14 PM, Blogger 6ftnperfect said...

you know, the guy that painted your house. Or is still painting your house....?

 
At 12/30/09, 2:58 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

Ha!! Oh, he's still not done! What a $#$%! I'm calling out the troops now. One of the guys in the home break crew is a painter. I'm gonna have him come over and tell us how much it will be to finish it.

But, seriously, what do you think of the colors we chose? Makes a great backdrop for surfboard pix!

 
At 12/30/09, 9:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

looks nice!
y'know, my Taky Glass Slipper is a sort of slimmed down version of that outline, and of course not a "hull" but I should get back on it. It's so hard to find the waves for it down here :-(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home