09 December 2009

I Meant What I Said

I wasn't sure where to begin my quest to erect a mini-halfpipe in the backyard. So, I wrote to Ozzie for assistance. His reply was short and sweet. He directed me to get this book.

Easier said than done! I went to a skate shop that's been in L.A. for decades. I figured if they didn't have it, no one would have it. Guess what? They didn't have the book. In fact, the owner said he'd not seen the book in years. #@%! I would not be denied—I got on the internet.

I found the book on Overstock.com for under $10. It just arrived today. Frankly, I understand very little of what's going on between the covers. While I am somewhat handy, I don't care to be. Now the quest is for someone to build it. Clayfin offered to help and we may take him up on that offer. But if he came up to help, he'd be the only one working on it as I'm not even trying to build anything and Soul Brother #1 makes no bones about the fact that he's neither handy nor mechanical.

What do do? What to do?

Eureka!!! In the midst of cooking dinner (and doesn't that sound oh so domestic of me?), I remembered "Shapril". That is not her real name, but that's the nickname many of us at the home break have given her. She's a carpenter who also shapes boards. I bet she can make a halfpipe without breaking a sweat.

I've sent her a message asking for her assistance. Stay tuned!

6 Comments:

At 12/10/09, 5:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would be more than happy to help....email me plz- bluetile ozzie

 
At 12/10/09, 5:43 AM, Blogger Surfsister said...

Thanks, Ozzie. I will keep you posted. Our backyard space is tiny. I'm not even sure there is room for a halfpipe, but I think it can be done. Soul Brother #2, who doesn't skate at all, says he's down for one. Right! That's two our of three. (Soul Brother #1, as usual, just looks at me and shakes his head.) Let's do this!

 
At 12/10/09, 10:35 AM, Blogger Whiffleboy said...

I could probably help as well, time permitting.

 
At 12/10/09, 9:16 PM, Blogger Jamie Welsh Watson said...

I can't wait for the updates on this project!! I believe it will happen. Does your son seem interested in skating?

 
At 12/10/09, 9:19 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

Soul Brother #2 quietly stated to me that he'd be interested in trying the halfpipe. Good! That'll keep us both off the streets and out of trouble!

 
At 12/11/09, 4:29 PM, Blogger 6ftnperfect said...

CarpenterSister sounds like the way to go. I'm more of a "Supervising Carpenter" so if there are no laborers.... ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home