09 August 2005

I Took the (Knee-High) Plunge

I couldn't bear the idea of riding my bike again. It's no longer a pastime I love. After several days on the bike, I've had enough. So I took the log to the beach (with my skates in tow, just in case). This time, instead of looking for a reason not to get in, I was looking for a reason to get in the water. Our local hardcore boogie boarder bought a surfboard. And it was his birthday. That was enough of a reason for me. I wanted to see him surf and wish him a happy birthday. The session was fun. Granted, the waves were tiny and weak, but every so often you'd get a waist-high wave with a little juice. I used the session to practice some things; I walked the board on just about every other wave, trying specifically to work on walking back. I can make it to the tip without a problem. I'm still learning how to walk back without falling off. It's coming and today was the perfect day to work on that. It was also small enough and empty enough for me to safely surf leashless. All in all, it was fun. The only negative was when I fell off onto my tailbone in two feet of water. Not fun! Not fun!! Perhaps tomorrow's itsy bitsy swell will bring some consistent waist-high waves. Toward that end . . . think good thoughts!

6 Comments:

At 8/9/05, 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea!- somebody got in the water!

 
At 8/9/05, 7:17 PM, Blogger gracefullee said...

Boogie boarder! He said he was looking at longboards. How'd he do? He used to surf in Santa Cruz back in the day!

 
At 8/9/05, 7:54 PM, Blogger Whiffleboy said...

Go North tomorrow, Sis. Try LPB. You won't get much of anything below Point Dume.

 
At 8/9/05, 8:54 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

Oh, we're already planning a run to LPB since I don't think the swell will result in monstrous waves there. You read my mind!

 
At 8/9/05, 8:55 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

Bob got a used Dewey Weber Legend for $650. It had never even been in the water! He scored big!

 
At 8/10/05, 10:32 AM, Blogger gracefullee said...

$650 for a Dewey Weber never in the water?! I bet B3 was totally having a happy birthday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home