01 August 2005

Come On, August 4th!!

What's August 4th, you ask? Hmmm, truthfully, I have no idea. But this is the day on which things are supposed to start turning around karma-wise. When things around me started getting a little weird over a week ago, CYT said someone she knows claimed that everything is screwed up right now because Mercury is in retrograde (or something like that). I don't get that astrology stuff, so I have no idea what exactly is meant by that. Still, this person said that the world (?) would come back to its senses (my words, not hers) on August 4th. Let's just put it this way: I'm counting the days! Things at our place are fine for now. The motorcycle accident was our last minor traumatic event. But now CYT is injured (due to a freak dog-walking accident—don't ask) and can't surf for who knows how long. That makes me wonder whether or not that person talking about Mercury was right. Everything seems a little off right now. And it's not just me, my friends are dealing with "stuff" right now too.

I'm not sure whether to surf today. The reports unanimously predict we'll be looking at Lake Pacific Ocean. I lack the money to purchase the gas needed to drive up and down Pacific Coast Highway looking for surf. It looks like I'll be on the bike again.

Hair update: I think I see locks!!! Unbelievable. I go back on Thursday to have them . . . well, I'm not sure what happens now, but I go back on Thursday. They're short though. I wish they were longer. They're not sticking up all over my head. That's the stage I'm looking forward to. Now, we're in the stage where she's forcing them to lie down quietly so you can't really see anything unless you get right up on me. I can't wait to be able to surf without covering my head. I miss the feeling of the water on my scalp and running through my hair. The wait is worth it though. It was time for a change.

1 Comments:

At 8/1/05, 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

duh it's not about astrology

"aloha is sort of like this: if you get something good, you're obligated to give it away."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home