29 July 2005

Thank God for Surfing!

If it weren't for surfing, you'd probably be seeing my picture on the news. They would be talking about the seemingly normal, well-educated woman who went postal. But, see, when you spend your workout time surfing, you're too high to stay mad at anything or anyone. Here's a short list of our recent irritations (in the order in which they occurred):
1. Neighbors
2. Hard drive died
3. Husband got hit by a car while on his motorcycle
There's more, but like I said, that was a short list. All I can do is shake my head at this point. I'm long past the point of emotional reactions to anything. Just call me a Vulcan.

The surf's been hit and miss. Again, my Wednesday session at LPB was stellar. Yesterday's session at my home break . . . was not. The surf was so miniscule that I got out after 30 minutes. That never happens. I always stay in for at least an hour. However, there was nothing out there yesterday. It was one of those days when you realize you're wasting energy. If you're going to wear yourself out, do it surfing good waves. Once I realized I was working too hard for these instep high waves, I gave up. At least it was sunny and warm. I can't say the same for today. CYT and I headed out looking for surf (as usual). First stop, Breakwater. All I saw was chop. No way! So off we went to Sunset. There's not much to report. There were a few meandering waves out there. It seemed to take forever for the waves to roll in. My grandmother walks faster than those waves were moving—and she's 93! The only thing of note that happened was CYT got stung by a jellyfish. It didn't seem to faze her much.

Gotta go!! We're steadily working on restoring software. I lost very little when the hard drive blew. I don't know why it never occurred to me to burn a copy of my resumé on a CD. Too late now. It's gone. My husband lost quite a few pictures. I guess we learned our lesson, didn't we?

2 Comments:

At 7/29/05, 4:27 PM, Blogger gracefullee said...

Oh no! I hope your husband's okay! I assume he's uninjured since you're continuing your search for surf. But the bike?

 
At 7/29/05, 6:20 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

Ah, the bike! There's the rub. Apparently, very few places will or can work on his bike because it's so hard to find parts for it. So we don't even know if we can get it repaired. (Sigh)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home