27 January 2011

Vroom, Vroom!!

It was time to do something completely different.

Completely.

Different.

And so, I turned to Carrot.

To get this party started right.

In imitable hull fashion, this board took off like a shot every time I felt it catch (which is the word I use to describe how it feels when you can feel the board sink into a wave when you've successfully paddled for it).

I have a titanium knee. In other words, I have a knee that bends much more slowly than the other knee. Popping up on something other than a longboard or a longer mid-sized board can be a challenge.

I like challenges. Life is much too boring without them.

So, for the first time in about a year and for the second time since the knee replacement, I paddled out on Carrot.

I just wanted to see what I could do.

I just wanted to see what it could do.

The first time I rode Carrot, I was simply happy I could pop up on a seven foot board. I did pop up. I didn't get any rides of note.

Today was different. I did pop up . . . and then had to hang on for dear life as the board tried to fly away without me.

I am.in love.with this hull.

Thank you, PG and SK!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home