09 January 2011

It's Growing!


My once small surf altar is growing. Perhaps that's why the surf gods have smiled on me of late. Okay, that and me making my Almond the sacrificial lamb for Wednesday's session.

I've collected rocks and shells from The Place Which Shall Remain Nameless, Rincon and a local beach break. I seem to be in no big hurry to stop the growth of the altar. I'm happy to keep adding to it. In fact, I may start another one in another corner of the Woman Cave. Who knows? All I know is this thing is kind of like one of those Zen sand gardens. I'm happy to quietly stare at my little altar when I take a break from my workout. Every once in awhile, I'll rearrange what's there. Generally, though, I leave it alone unless I'm bringing in more rocks from a recent session.

Yeah, I know I'm a little off.

4 Comments:

At 1/9/11, 11:20 AM, Blogger SlowPolk said...

Each object has a story, surfing is a spirtual practise - very c00l altar.

 
At 1/10/11, 3:32 PM, Blogger Surfing Grandma of OC said...

One of my favorite things about you.. YOUR unique!!! and the world needs more unique peeps if you ask me! LOVE the alter!

 
At 1/10/11, 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool! The fin reminds me of the first day that I saw a fin washed up on the shore. I just had to take a pic because it was so out of character from your ordinary seashells! I just felt sad for the poor bloke who snapped it off their board whilst out on a session. That brings up a good question do you pack an extra fin just in case you break one? It would be a bummer to call it quits on the account of a broken/missing fin.

 
At 1/10/11, 6:59 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

That fin is actually ceramic. It was made by my boy 6ftnperfect. His art is incredible. The fin is the centerpiece of the altar.

I don't have extra fins in the car. When I do jack up a board, I usually wreck the fin box, so carrying an extra fin is pointless. Thankfully, my Almond's glass on fin was fine. It's the nose and rail that got crunched by rocks last week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home