22 December 2010

Still Hunkered Down

In addition to spending a great deal of time in the Woman Cave during all of this inclement weather, I can also be found in front of the television. I don't watch much TV, so it's not like I'm doing my best imitation of a couch potato. The TV is best used . . . for rock and roll!

Note the surfboard in the background. It's not a Christmas gift. It's my 8 foot Almond mystery board. I rescued it, and the board bag, from the porch once the rains began. The board was fine, of course. The bag was soaking wet. I brought both in to await the return to the porch. Well, it's still raining, so the board stays just where it is, looking like the wonderful Christmas present it isn't.

I'm 2000 kilometers away from my 100,000 kilometer rowing goal. I will reach that goal tomorrow. I will also continue my assault on Boston's "Foreplay/Long Time" as a solo artist. Our band's frontman, at only 8 years old, doesn't know the song well and gets impatient when there's not much for him to do to slay the crowd. In the photo, he's putting Eddie Vedder to shame, exhorting the audience to understand that he's still alive.

You know, of course, that once school is back in session and the rain abates, the band will break up again. Long live rock!

3 Comments:

At 12/22/10, 11:52 PM, Blogger Dr Mad Fish said...

Pity you don't live next door, I need a drummer for the 'girl band' I want to get together as soon as I am fit and strong again and I can get some sax lessons. Might have to rely on my singing, bass playing and 'leadership' qualities until I can get that happening!

We have been hearing the news about the US and the rain, just as we have had huge rains in our north-east and even north-west this summer. Extraordinary.

 
At 12/23/10, 7:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your mad skills! Rock on and Row on! The rock band looks like fun!

 
At 12/23/10, 7:09 AM, Blogger Surfsister said...

Oh, I would move to Australia (if I could) just to be in your band. I've loved drums since I was a kid and seem to have a natural talent for them. If I had the space and a place that I could soundproof, I'd buy a drumkit and get to wailing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home