24 January 2011

Black Women are Afraid to Get Their Hair Wet

Huh?

Well, it's basically true. Black women who straighten their hair generally run screaming from water in any form because they fear their locks will return to their natural state. Or, as people used to say when I was a kid, they fear their hair will go back to Africa.

Then there are those of us who give our hair the freedom it deserves. No chemicals. No straightening. No weaves. No pretenses.

Sisters, stop being enslaved by your hair. You can't take it with you. No woman ever went to her deathbed saying, "I wish I'd spent more time at the beauty shop." Opt out of the madness.

We did. And we haven't looked back.

3 Comments:

At 1/25/11, 12:09 PM, Blogger SlowPolk said...

I could not agree more

 
At 1/26/11, 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I had natty dreads..

 
At 1/27/11, 11:13 AM, Blogger Travel / Surf Guy said...

Great picture Sis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home