18 January 2011

The View From Behind the Wheel

This car is a beast, a gigantic rolling beast . . . in red!!! Look at the size of that steering wheel. And since I'm a bit vertically challenged, I think people do get a sense of the little old lady peering up through the steering wheel when I'm driving. A little old lady with dreadlocks, that is.

Yes, that is a stereo with a cassette deck under the dash. What's that you ask? Oh, you're so perceptive! Yes, that is a small household stereo speaker on the floor. It's hooked up to that cassette radio. If I turn a corner too fast, the speaker disconnects and flies to the other side of the car. I don't know whose idea that was. I'm going to guess it was at least permitted, if not requested, by the same person who painted the car red.

I will eventually make that stupid stereo go away. The speaker will go away as well.

On the surf front, this was my fourth straight day in the water. I'm not feeling surfed out in the least. This is why I have a Woman Cave. I train hard so that I can play hard.

Guess what I'm going to do tomorrow?

Go play.

2 Comments:

At 1/19/11, 3:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oohh... old cars are the way forward!

haven't checked the blog in a while, and wanted to say I like it!

makes me miss CA a bit... especially during the English winter!

 
At 1/19/11, 4:59 AM, Blogger Dr Mad Fish said...

I like to think of my shortish stature as an 'economical' use of the planet's resources. I take up less room, need less food, less material for clothing....the best surfers are short too I reckon, lower centre of gravity.

Nice steering wheel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home