17 June 2007

Spring(suit) Has Sprung

I'm dealing with quite a bit of fullsuit drama right now. My daily suit is a 3/2 Excel. Well, I took that to the surf shop on Thursday to send back to the manufacturer. The seam where the torso and right arm meet came apart. Before I knew that you could send a suit back to the manufacturer for repair, I'd already taken steps to get another 3/2. Well, the new one I was working on getting hasn't come. Since it looked like I was never going to get it, I ordered a different 3/2 from another source. As I write this, I got nothin' (in terms of a fullsuit—that 4/3 is not an option until the water temperatures dip back into the 50s). What worries me is that I think I will soon have three. I don't need three! If Excel returns my suit with a repair, that's cool. That will be my back-up that I leave in the car. But what if they send a new one? There's one fullsuit. The one I just ordered is supposed to arrive in the mail in a few days. There's one more fullsuit. And I've recently found out that the other one, the one I thought was no longer an option, is also waiting for me. That's three fullsuits! Are you staying with me? What's a girl to do with three fullsuits? I've decided I'll return the one that's arriving in the mail next week. I'll wait and see what happens with the other two.

In the meantime, I'm without a fullsuit. I thought this would be a problem since all I ever do is complain about how cold I am. However, the lack of a fullsuit won't keep me out of the water. Yesterday, I headed down the coast to surf with friends from work. I took my fleece rashguard and my long sleeve springsuit, fully prepared to freeze my ass off. Surprisingly enough, I was fine. I got a little chilly, but I'm so happy to be out of a fullsuit that it's worth it. I may even start surfing in a jacket and shorts soon. Soul Brother #1 got me a jacket awhile back. He didn't know what a jacket was. He just knew I wanted one. So, he went to the surf shop and got one, all the time thinking it was something you wear over your wetsuit for added warmth.

The session was good enough, much better than the one we had last weekend when the waves were simply awful. There were actual surfable waves yesterday for about an hour. Nothing great, but surfable nonetheless. That was good enough for me.

4 Comments:

At 6/18/07, 2:00 PM, Blogger Bill Graber said...

That why I stick with Body Glove you just cant hurt those suits...

 
At 6/19/07, 9:09 AM, Blogger 6ftnperfect said...

women surfing in bikinis get more points.

 
At 6/20/07, 2:44 PM, Blogger surferbrat said...

Did the suit from Sierra Trading Post take forever or something? I was just about to order one.

 
At 6/20/07, 7:40 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

brat, I've already received my second Sierra Trading Post suit. I'm still waiting for that Rip Curl from a different source. It's the second STP suit that I may send back (depending upon what happens with the Rip Curl and the Excel).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home