13 June 2007

Cramp!!!!

Remember that movie Stand by Me? Remember when they were walking on the train tracks over the trestle? And then the train came? And River Phoenix's character looked back and screamed, at the top of his lungs, "TRAAAIIIINNN!!!" Well, that's the scream I wanted to let out in the pool today when my toe started cramping. Who knew toes could cramp? I felt it coming, kept swimming and then stopped in the middle of the lane to grab my foot. CRRAAAMMMPP!!! I don't even know if I screamed. I thought about it. I was lucky enough to have this happen at the end of my workout. I couldn't swim through it. I ended up turning around and getting out.

My swimming is helping my surfing and vice versa. Who knew?

2 Comments:

At 6/15/07, 2:48 PM, Blogger Bill Graber said...

I just hate that when that happens

 
At 6/20/07, 2:43 PM, Blogger surferbrat said...

I get cramps (charlie horses) in my feet and calves when I surf sometimes. I've heard it's a combination of not getting enough water and potassium. My physical therapist also told me it happens when I tense my feet or legs up to compensate for not using by butt muscles (glutes). When I consciously use my glutes it happens less, but is hard on those muscles as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home