05 June 2007

I Got Mine!!


I scored a Body Glove Vapor 4/3 wetsuit for a little over $200. Can you say "closeout"? Jump on it now if you're looking for a new wetsuit. My current fullsuit, which is a 3/2, died awhile back. I still wear it. Truthfully, I'm too cheap to spend good money on wetsuits. But I couldn't pass up the Body Glove. Sierra Trading Post is a place I check once a week for deals on wetsuits. Now that this winter season is over, the serious deals are there. Jump on them while you can.

In addition to this 4/3, I also scored a 3/2 RipCurl suit from a different source. This is the first time I will go into a winter season with two fullsuits of different strengths. In the past, I didn't think I was worthy. Now, I acknowledge that I'm always cold and it's time for a 4/3. My past experience with a 4/3 suit was not good. The thing was so damn restrictive that I could barely paddle. After that, I swore off suits that thick. I'm finally ready to try another one; it makes no sense for me to always end sessions with my teeth chattering. People told me if I got a good 4/3, I wouldn't experience the paddling problems that plagued me before. There was no way I was going to pay $400 for a 4/3. For me, that's a car payment. But when the price drops to the $200 range, it's stupid not to buy it.

5 Comments:

At 6/6/07, 9:48 AM, Blogger Bill Graber said...

Nice suit...good price... 4/3 huh? now you can come surf in NC.

 
At 6/7/07, 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was looking at 4/3s too...the Excel I have is just too difficult to get into. I have been very happy with my 3/2 Hotline, and I looked on their site and they have a sale on their suits. Their 4/3 is only $239!

 
At 6/7/07, 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

trestles surf outlet has women's ripcurl e-bombs and f-bombs (3/2s and 4/3s) for about $120 right now. they have other ripcurl wetsuit attire (shorties, sleeveless, jackets, etc) for b/w $15 and $59. now is the time to buy.

 
At 6/7/07, 7:24 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

dgm, I was wondering about the Trestles surf outlet. It's too far away for me to make a run to it without doing some major planning. That's why I settled for Sierra Trading Post. But the RipCurl I'm getting should be about the same price as those you mentioned.

 
At 6/8/07, 3:06 PM, Blogger surferbrat said...

Wow. Awesome tip! They have 4/3 Oneil Psychos IIs for $139.00! That's a $360 suit. I've been wanting one for a while. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home