31 May 2007

Je Suis Fatigué

Swimming is kicking my ass. I'm tired (which is what I said in the title, only I said it in French.) It's a good tired though. This week, I decided to stop all of my weight training. My body was confused by all of these extra workouts. So I opted to stick to swimming and then start lifting again next week. As I said to someone at work, I know you can't stop the hands of time, but I refuse to give up the fight against old age. It irks me when people in their 40's act like it's too hard to workout or too late to get it together. That's a cop out. The way I see it, since people live longer than ever before, it behooves all of us to stay as healthy as possible for as long as possible. Who wants to spend the next 30 or 40 years living an unhealthy life? If I'm going to be around for awhile, I want to feel good. That's why I workout so much.

I hear there should be some swell in the water this weekend. I'm ready for it. I know my fitness is increasing every time I get in the pool. That's got to translate to something good when I'm surfing. I'm sure my shoulders are stronger. I know my cardiovascular fitness is better than it was a month ago. Bring on the swell!

2 Comments:

At 6/3/07, 7:57 AM, Blogger SlowPolk said...

black gurls don't swim :-)

 
At 6/3/07, 10:08 AM, Blogger Surfsister said...

I know that's right. Not after I spent half my paycheck at the beauty shop getting my hair did! '-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home