17 May 2007

I'm Lovin' It!!

We tried a new pool today. This one is an outdoor pool that's closer to the job. It's also twice as long!!!! I surprised myself (after getting over the shock of the other end of the pool being much farther away than I thought it was) and actually started to get into a rhythm. The longer pool works better for me; it forces me to pace myself, find my rhythm and swim. The shorter pool never allowed me to do that. Of course, it doesn't hurt that I swam the day before. This is the most pool swimming I've done in at least a couple of years. It's great!

I rediscovered the kickboard today. At one point, I proclaimed to my friend that my kickboard was broken (since I didn't seem to be going anywhere). Actually the kickboard is my best friend. It's allowing me to work my long-forgotten cycling/leg/glute muscles. My plan was to swim twice a week. If I go back tomorrow, and I do plan to do so, that'll be the third time this week. I love this!

4 Comments:

At 5/18/07, 3:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You're selling your shortboard, aren't you ?!? That means you'll have to buy another to replace it you know....

 
At 5/18/07, 4:46 PM, Blogger 6ftnperfect said...

really? I just scored some great blanks.

 
At 5/18/07, 5:13 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

What are you talking about, Alan? What do you know? What have you seen? Who's been narcing on me? (Not that I'm admitting to anything.)

 
At 5/20/07, 12:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ah, you forget that Slowpolk and I are meticulous Craigslist scourers! Can't miss that paint job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home