05 May 2007

What's That Smell?

Me. Stinkin' up the water with my horrible surfing. Lesson learned. Don't surf when you're physically and mentally tired. It's really kind of pointless.

On a softer, gentler, go-to-the-happy-place note, Soul Brother #1's surgery went well. It's been a long two days, but at least the shoulder has finally been fixed. I also got the bus registered. And let me tell you, that was no easy task. I'm thankful, very thankful, for my sister-in-law . . . the one who works at DMV. I think I'll rename her "Miracle Worker".

On a someday-I'll-surf-well-again note, the new board is here. I'm letting it sit for a bit. The shaper asked if I would let it cure for another week. Fine with me. I took pictures last night. They don't do the board justice. I'll try to take more pictures today. Red bottm and rails. Faded yellow mottled deck. Green pinline where the red and yellow meet. And, for good measure, green fins. Loud? Yes. Sweet? YES!!

4 Comments:

At 5/5/07, 12:01 PM, Blogger Bill Graber said...

Don't worry it will all be OK...everyone has those kind of days.

And why have family if they can't do stuff for ya?

 
At 5/5/07, 5:31 PM, Blogger Bill said...

what r the dims on this new arrival??

 
At 5/5/07, 9:35 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

Oh my god, I'm so bad with dimensions. And he didn't write them on the board. But it's a 7'0" rounded square tail something or other. It's not a longboard. It's not a shortboard. It's not a funboard. It's not a fish. It's not quite an egg. It's a . . . this thing that I've been looking for. Yesterday, when I picked it up, the shaper got out his calipers and said the thing is close to 3 inches thick, thus allowing it to paddle pretty easily. I can find out from him if you want.

 
At 5/17/07, 12:52 AM, Blogger Jacin Greenhill said...

Sounds like a hybrid fun board to me. Nose and box tail like a longboard, 7'0 and 3" thick....hmmm. I'd say so. It has the thickness through the middle and a traditional longboard shape on both ends. I know plenty of longboarders who ride what looks like that but in a 9'0+.

JAH

 

Post a Comment

<< Home