29 April 2007

Weekend Update

The word for the weekend: uneventful. I stayed local, surfing both days at the home break. I didn't think the conditions would be better anywhere else. That's when the home break is an especially wonderful place. The waves were small. The shoulders were few. But it's still home. The people are why you go back.

I don't know when I'll next be in the water. Soul Brother #1 finally goes in for surgery on Thursday. (He hurt this shoulder in November!!) Life is going to be interesting for the next three months. I'd been thinking that I could possibly do some dawn patrol sessions during the months he'll be home from work. I figured he could take the little man to daycare some mornings. I'll surf and then head into work. Well, now this plan isn't looking so good. The problem? I've got the only car that's surf mobile worthy. And that's the car he'll have to drive. My car is an automatic station wagon. His car is a smaller manual transmission hatchback. I'm not going to let him drive his car while his shoulder heals. Too risky. So I'll take it. But then it hit me: How am I supposed to get a longboard in that? And, no, I can't put racks on top of his car. So, I'm screwed as far as dawn patrol goes.

We did recently acquire another vehicle that's perfect for surfing. Unfortunately, it's not ready for much of anything yet.

WAIT

FOR

IT . . .



I can get a lot of longboards in that thing. Now look at that little munchkin car in front of it. It's like a clown car compared to the VW Bus.



Yeah, I went ahead and bought it. I've already lined up the interior guy. First step: deal with the front seats and the bed/seats in the back. Second step: I ain't got one. This will be a nickel and dime project. Stay tuned for updates.

4 Comments:

At 4/30/07, 9:22 AM, Blogger Whiffleboy said...

Sweet! That'll be a fun project.

You know, if the longboard is an issue, I'm sure you can stick something shorter in your other car, no?

 
At 4/30/07, 10:54 AM, Blogger BeanCountingSurfer said...

Sweet ride!

 
At 4/30/07, 11:06 AM, Blogger 6ftnperfect said...

Well, there is your summer project! What ever happened to that new board you ordered?

 
At 4/30/07, 5:51 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

The new board. Yeah, well, I'm f*&^ed! My hope (and plan) had been to have the bus and the board come home at different times since, of course, I'm not made of money and don't have enough to get both at the same time. Well, I finally scraped the money together for the bus on Friday. That same day I get a call from the shaper saying the board is ready!! Doh!! I can't pick it up yet. I don't have the money. I also don't want to make the shaper wait for his money. So, I'm trying to get a loan from the Bank of Mom until I get our tax refund.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home