15 July 2006

I Did the Doo . . .

Dah Surf today at RPB. What a kick that was! It was by far the most fun I've ever had on a surfboard. I even ran into Bean Counting Surfer. I knew he'd be there, but had no idea what his costume would be. Well, it didn't really matter. As soon as I saw him, I knew he was one of my fellow bloggers. (By the way, he was a human-sized can of Lite Beer from Miller.) He's a very good surfer, one who's relaxed and smooth. I'm sure we'll see each other again. Frankly, there are no words that can do this event justice. You just had to be there. And as if the fun weren't enough, we were also blessed with warm water and decent waves. I didn't expect to do much surfing today. I thought I'd simply be sitting on my board enjoying the spectacle. Forget that!! I was on my board paddling for chest-high, sometimes head high, waves. Man, it was fun. Somehow I was able to catch quite a few of them even though I was in a cycling helmet, sunglasses, gloves, bibs (cycling shorts with built in suspenders), a cycling jersey, and cycling arm warmers. The most amazing thing was that I never once lost the sunglasses.

The funniest thing I saw today was the woman in the Viking gear. She was a Viking from head to toe. She also had a blond wig with two long ponytails. She's the reason why I almost drowned . . . from laughing so hard. She caught this wave and was right in the pocket. Someone else tried to drop in on her. She then whipped out a knife from her waistband and started waving it in his face . . . while she was still surfing that wave. Hilarious!!


I stole this picture from the Santa Monica report on Swell Magnet. This is Kevin, one of my buds from the home break, surfing tandem with a blow-up doll he bought last night at a sex shop. Had I not seen him and this doll with my own two eyes, I would not have believed it.

When pictures of the surf are posted on the Doo Dah Surf site, I'll provide a link. Again, you had to see it to believe it. Aloha!

UPDATE

I read over my first entry about the Doo Dah Surf and found a comment from the Bean Counting Surfer in which he told me what he'd be wearing. I'd forgotten about that comment, but it's no wonder I was able to spot him immediately.

I found some pictures from the website for RPB. Can you spot me in the photos?




2 Comments:

At 7/17/06, 10:50 AM, Blogger BeanCountingSurfer said...

It was great meeting you!

 
At 7/17/06, 9:10 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

There were no devils. I'll post a link to the official website in a new post. Good try with the balloon. Maybe next year you can come to Cali and participate in the surf in earnest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home