28 April 2005

Let the Taper Begin

When I was a cyclist, I would start tapering during the days before a race. That meant I would train less and rest more. Well, I'm still training like a cyclist. Three of us are driving down to San O tomorrow in spite of today's rain. I'm tapering in preparation for what I hope to be a three-hour session. As a result, I only did one workout yesterday and did a short workout today. I want to feel good tomorrow. But with my luck, we'll drive down there and find blown out waves with no shape. The forecasts say the wind should die down today. As usual, I should be getting ready for today's lecture, but all I can think about is surfing. That's what happens on Thursdays. I just want to get it over with and leave. Thankfully, once I start class, I'm in the moment and I roll with it. Anyway, the last time we went to San O, we spent the early part of the week worrying about the weather before we finally said, "F@!k it! Let's just go down there anyway!" We had a phenomenal session. I don't expect to be this lucky this time. Still, I don't mind driving down there if only to get out of L.A. for a few hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home