07 April 2005

Any Advice on Hiding Two Surfboards?



I don't even want to go into it. You wouldn't believe me anyway. Obviously, I have no self-restraint when it comes to surfboards. None! Zero! Zilch! Nada!

The funny thing is I'm not an impulsive person at all. I have never been impulsive. I've spent more than 40 years being a methodical and rational person. I never made snap decisions. I always thought out the consequences of my actions. Where did that person go? As soon as I step into a surf shop or a factory—as I did today at Con Surfboards—I lose all sense of what's financially right and wrong. I'll just say this about the picture: yellow and red swirls on the bottom and rails, and yellow with a red pinline on the deck. There. That's as much as I'm willing to divulge at this point. (Sigh)

9 Comments:

At 4/7/05, 8:57 PM, Blogger Whiffleboy said...

You can hide any of them at my house if you like.

 
At 4/8/05, 8:04 AM, Blogger OutdoorChick said...

SICK.

 
At 4/8/05, 8:05 AM, Blogger OutdoorChick said...

Sorta looks like your red one, but in a different color. Real perrrty.

 
At 4/8/05, 8:15 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

That's what I'm talking about! Good choice. Maybe you should stash it with me so you'll have a board at the ready for San Onofre...

 
At 4/8/05, 8:50 AM, Blogger Surfsister said...

It's an 8'1" tri fin Funboard Pro from Con Surfboards. All I did was spot the sign. I thought, "Con Surfboards is in the 'hood?" So I had to stop the car and check it out. One thing led to another. Before I knew it, I was talking to Bruce Grant (a well-known shaper) and being ushered into the shaping bay. Grant showed me everything. It was the first time I'd ever seen a blank or all of the tools shapers use to check the rocker and concave of a board. Anyway, Grant didn't think I should get an egg and suggested that I get their super fast funboard. I didn't have to put any money down. The board won't be ready for months. Thank god!

 
At 4/8/05, 9:26 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Can I borrow it when you get it? :)

 
At 4/8/05, 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!! A new board!! It's very cool. So you decided to get a tri-fin huh? Noticed that my new board got a mention a few days ago. She hasn't been out since we last saw you. It took me two days to thaw out from that session. See you out there...

 
At 4/8/05, 12:55 PM, Blogger gracefullee said...

Pretty! Love the look of those Con boards. I especially like the SuperUgly or the Ugly surfboard models and was considering purchasing one of those monsters at one time.

 
At 2/27/10, 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL BOARD, YOUR LUCKY TO HAVE IT, WE ALMOST LOST BRUCE LAST YEAR AFTER HE HAD A STROKE

SIGNED,HIS WIFE

 

Post a Comment

<< Home