18 January 2012

A Tale of Two Ankles




Two broken bones and counting. Do I hear torn ligaments? Going once? Going twice?

Actually, we don't know the extent of the damage yet. I do know that my status as part of the 99% is showing. I have no insurance and I've got to pay for this shit out-of-pocket. Yes, I have a job, but I don't work full-time there yet (and may actually be out of this job now).

Do I want to discuss how this happened? No. I will just say that it was a bar fight and "you should see the other guy!"

In other news, there is none. I am now on the DL for at least two months. (sigh) I see the orthopedist tomorrow to find out more.

Does it hurt? Yes. Am I taking pain meds? No. The pain from this is nowhere near the pain I felt during the knee replacement. I refused the pain med prescription when it was offered for this injury. I won't fill it, so why even bother to let the doctor write the prescription?

Don't forget me, Mother Ocean. I'll be back soon enough.

9 Comments:

At 1/19/12, 2:56 AM, Blogger Dr Mad Fish said...

OMG I can't believe it. same ankle/foot as me over 12 months ago. Take heart, depending on whether there is a lot of ligament/tendon damage or not it may take a long time, but the body is great at healing as you know. Must be a real blow after the knee.......:( The ocean will still be there when you get back, maybe prone surfing first and for a while though.

 
At 1/19/12, 5:12 AM, Blogger pabs said...

B strong Surfsita...sending u some NORCAL healing spirits your way. Mother Ocean will always b there, waiting patiently for your return to her stoke.

 
At 1/19/12, 7:18 AM, Blogger daniel said...

hope it all works out ok for you sending healing powers i have a little left over from my slam. get well soon

 
At 1/19/12, 11:46 AM, Blogger KK said...

oh my GAWD!! that looks horrid!! stay positive!! you'll get back on your feet in no time... just don't rush! i hope you feel better soon!!!!! aloha and love from LA

 
At 1/19/12, 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry...Heal quick!

 
At 1/19/12, 5:16 PM, Blogger harmless neighborhood eccentric said...

heal fast! stein

 
At 1/20/12, 6:01 AM, Blogger old surfer said...

Sending all the best healing love thoughts from england as i'm sure there are others here will miss your precise comments on the world (luv em to bits) and hope you dont get too stung with the finances!
Mart x

 
At 1/20/12, 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heal up better and stronger Surf Sister.

 
At 1/22/12, 7:26 AM, Blogger Julie said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home