08 October 2011

First It Was James Brown. Now It's Cowbell!

Remember when I was in my James Brown phase? I even had a James Brown-themed board made. That phase lasted a good one or two years. I've yet to truly outgrow it. I simply ran out of
JB music to discover.

Well, I was all about the cowbell over the last few days. Chicago. War. Hugh Masakela. Grand Funk Railroad. Tone Loc. The Beatles. Jimmy Hendrix. Santana. The James Gang. Stevie Wonder. Slave. Def Leppard. Funkadelic. Mountain. And, finally, to end it all . . . Blue Oyster Cult (with a nod to Will Ferrell and Christopher Walken).

At one point, one of my friends suggested that Walken's picture be removed from a faux motivational poster, one related to more cowbell, of course, and that my image should replace it.

Voila!! I warned people that when I hear cowbell in my head, I'm liable to break out in a spontaneous dance party for one.


You can never have enough cowbell!

3 Comments:

At 10/10/11, 7:09 AM, Anonymous Josh Aggars said...

Cowbell and Cuica, I can never get enough of them. Surprised you don't hear them more together in tunes.

 
At 10/10/11, 12:29 PM, Blogger Surfing Grandma of OC said...

MORE COWBELL! It just wakes something up in you doesn't it? I love the cowbell.. Now I am gonna go and get one just to strum around my house.. like I do my Ukulele. ;-)

 
At 10/13/11, 2:03 AM, Blogger Growling Gecko said...

What a coincidence. I just discovered Funk 49 very recently. It has a wonderful guitar groove and it might turn up in Ramsnake's repertoire along with Rory Gallegher's I ain't no Saint and the Blues brothers version of I ain't got you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home