13 September 2011

Two Mediocre Sessions = Still Stoked

Session #1: Point break mat session. The tide came up quickly. By the time I got in the water, the spot was shutting down and the backwash wasn't doing the waves any favors. Score: One wave in about 45 minutes.


Session #2: Beach break surf session. There was too much SW in the water for this break, therefore it was closed out . . . as usual. Score: Two waves in about 30 minutes.


It was one of those cases where I was still glad to get wet since I had to be at work before the morning was up. The spots I chose just weren't working. And that's okay. I managed to surf two different surfcraft at two different breaks during a two hour period. I'd rather do that than stay dry.

Please join me in praying for well-shaped surf with a decent tide . . . amen.

3 Comments:

At 9/14/11, 5:28 AM, Blogger Growling Gecko said...

By the look of that 2nd shot that knee of yours is doing the job very nicely!

 
At 9/14/11, 5:58 AM, Blogger Surfsister said...

The knee is fine, yes. I can't bend it like I can the right one. But, as you can see, I've figured out how to tuck it out of the way when I want to get low. I can't stay down there forever though. That position is a bit uncomfortable. But at least I can work my way into some kind of a crouch.

 
At 9/14/11, 3:32 PM, Blogger Travel / Surf Guy said...

Amen !!

Getting wet twice in one day is always a good thing - pleased you enjoyed it Sis.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home