08 September 2011

On Lockdown . . . Again!


It's only temporary. I spent this week chained to a desk. I got laid off from my cool outdoor job a few weeks ago. Now, I've gotten another cool job, but I had to do training for the last three days. There was no opportunity to surf. I was in the office learning the responsibilities of my position. Thankfully, this job is mellow too. It does not involve being chained to a desk on a regular basis. In fact, I won't even be chained to my office. Much of my job involves going to another site to get work done. I would also have to do other things away from the office. That all suits me just fine.

When I showed up for training on the first day, I had on jeans, but I did also put on shoes. I hate shoes. I wore them on the first day out of respect. Well, I wore them for half of the first day. During the lunch break, I went home . . . and put on my flip flops. I've worn flip flops each day since then! Gotta love that!

I will surf tomorrow. I don't care if it's flat. I don't care if it's choppy. I need to get wet!!

And, no, I don't miss that bohunk of a swell.

2 Comments:

At 9/8/11, 11:56 PM, Blogger Growling Gecko said...

I'm a thong person too! Thong = flip flop in Oz not what first occurred to you!

 
At 9/11/11, 9:55 PM, Blogger harmless neighborhood eccentric said...

small wave hellwoman

 

Post a Comment

<< Home