22 October 2010

I Still Surf Boards (and I Can Prove It)

Here is proof that I still ride surfboards (as well as mats). Actually, I love riding both. This picture also serves as proof that I'm figuring out how to crouch even though my left knee can only bend so far. I simply work with what I've got.

More often than not these days, I alternate my days on the boards and on the mats. Both are stoke-inducing. Both make me deliriously happy. As a matter of fact, my hulls (of which this is one) and my mats come from the same person. Coincidence? I think not!

I'm anxious for the winter waves to return as I want to get off the longboards. It's time for the mid-sized boards to move to the front of the quiver.

2 Comments:

At 11/2/10, 8:13 PM, Anonymous Justin said...

The mats look fun as hell. Does surfing on them improve your board surfing at all?

 
At 11/2/10, 8:38 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

I think surfing mats does improve your stand up surfing. I think riding prone gives you a better feel for what a wave does and is going to do. You're down there watching the wave as it evolves. You feel the wave as it evolves. This is not something you can experience while standing up. Ever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home