27 September 2010

It's Not What You Think

I'm not going to go on and on about how I got barrelled today at the home break. As is typical of me, I didn't even know that lip was pitching back there. And with this titanium knee, that's about as low as I can get on a board, therefore I couldn't have tucked into it anyway.

The point of this shot is to show that the weather was hot, hot enough to allow me to comfortably wear some of that wonderful custom Japanese rubber I picked up a few weeks ago. I really wanted to wear it this year . . . if only once. This heatwave made that possible. As I sit here typing, it's still about 100 degrees. Or maybe it's finally gone down to 95. Who knows? The bottom line is it's hot! It's the kind of hot that makes everyone want to start singing Irving Berlin lyrics.

No, I didn't get a barrel, but Frank did. Alas, it closed out and he got pitched. He still came up smiling . . . as always.

4 Comments:

At 9/28/10, 8:32 AM, Blogger pabs said...

It's always like that when it comes to applying "Murphy's Law" to the weather: cold all summer, therefore a very hot fall! :-)

 
At 9/28/10, 9:26 AM, Blogger El Hefe said...

summertime WIN!

 
At 9/29/10, 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that springy is SEXY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 9/29/10, 2:00 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

Thank you, doll!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home