19 October 2010

The Winning Combination?

PG hull + Greenough fin + a pre-rain session + Randy's Donuts = a very nice Sunday.

I didn't even want a donut. See, I've got a problem, a sweet tooth problem. If it was up to me, sugar would be near the top of the Food Pyramid, probably under the vegetables and even with fruit. So when the words "I want a donut" were announced as we were driving back from my session on Sunday, I went straight to Randy's. If you're going to have donuts and you live in L.A., why wouldn't you go to Randy's? Anyway, I sat in the car while donuts were bought. I didn't want one. It's not that I don't like them. Well, actually, I'm not a big fan of donuts. Too much fat and too much sugar, the thing to which I am addicted. I'm not a big fan of donuts because I'm a big fan of my own fitness. Again, I didn't want one. I can and do live happily without them.

Well, they got in the car with the bag. Soul Brother #1 took one. Soul Brother #2 took one. And there was still one in the bag. What is up with that? It was one that didn't even have any glaze. If you're going to bring me a donut, just send me to hell in one fell swoop. Fry it within an inch of its life before drowning it in sugary goodness. A plain cake donut? After I said I didn't want one? Seriously?

After seven straight days of workouts, six of them having been spent either surfing or riding a mat, that donut was so good!! Even without the glaze, that donut was incredible. And because I spend so much time going outside to play, one donut was not going to derail my fitness.

Perhaps I should have had two!!

3 Comments:

At 10/19/10, 4:29 PM, Blogger pranaglider said...

I consider a donut in each had a balanced meal!

 
At 10/20/10, 9:29 PM, Blogger Travel / Surf Guy said...

"one donut was not going to derail my fitness" - famous last words!!!!!

 
At 10/28/10, 2:40 PM, Blogger Surfing Grandma of OC said...

You are entitled once in a while.. and since you are one of the fittess peeps I know.. I am sure it did you no harm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home