17 September 2009

Moving On

After posting about how much distress the new knee was causing me, I moved on. I always do. I hate stasis, especially when it relates to me being in a bad mood. Perhaps part of the moving on is the result of the surfing epiphany I had while having sex.* (Yeah, I said it out loud.)

Anyway, I'll work around the knee and its limitations. As El Hefe advised, I will continue to surf, lift and workout as I have in the past. The knee will eventually catch up to me.

This morning I ventured to a local break that I normally avoid like the plague. The lore surrounding this place keeps me from surfing there. I went there nevertheless. I promised myself after the surgery that I'd start surfing breaks that are unfamiliar to me. So when someone suggested that I head up to this spot for a session, I went. (Yes, T, I'm talking about your spot.)

A good time was had by one and all. Aside from the fact that I ran over a rock, my session was great. I got vibed by a couple of locals, but the session ended with one of them being downright nice and polite, saying he'd see me again. Was that an invitation to return?

I'm paddling out again tomorrow. Because I can.

* This uncanny ability of mine to do the deed and while pondering the state of world affairs was explained in an article I read recently: "Women are consummate multitaskers, and society rewards this ability." Women have become good at doing a million things at once—talking on the phone, cooking dinner, watching TV, reading a magazine—that it often becomes hard to slow it down or turn it off during sex and just enjoy the moment.

I must admit, though, that I was enjoying the moment AND thinking about surfing.
Hey, don't judge. Your women do it too.

4 Comments:

At 9/17/09, 9:50 PM, Anonymous watergirl said...

You are awesome! Thanks for the reminder and the link, I really didn't know, or else i would have linked you sooner--I will put it up ASAP!

 
At 9/18/09, 7:52 AM, Blogger Steve and Cher Pendo said...

Hello, Sister,
We're stoked to hear that you're catching some fun waves, very inspriing. I'm grateful for each wave, too, each wave is a gift. We are all privileged to live where we each reside and enjoy surfing. Keep the faith, more healing will come! At this point in life, often times, we're working around pain. I'm going for a lap swim now before work, and hopefully a surf later today. I will catch a wave for you. xoxo Warmest Aloha, Cher

 
At 9/18/09, 10:35 AM, Blogger SlowPolk said...

I can't even believe you said all that

 
At 9/18/09, 7:26 PM, Blogger Tony Lewis said...

You should have dropped my name...and ran! I bet I can tell you which rock you hit, lol's.
And really, there have not been true locals there since we burned the houses down.
Best 4th of July ever.
Getting some this weekend at a super remote camp out in Humboldt, I might find a left for ya!
See ya, T

 

Post a Comment

<< Home