12 September 2009

Guest Bloggers

It's an idea whose time has come . . . again. I'll be having other bloggers do some writing on my blog. Why?

Well, why not? I think leaving the comfort zone of one's own blog to talk story on someone else's is, in many ways, cathartic for the blogger, the blog creator and the audience. I was a guest on someone else's blog years ago. I ended up talking about things I never would have mentioned on my own blog.

Some of the guest bloggers will post under their own blogger pseudonyms. Others will remain anonymous. I'll leave it up to each person to decide what he or she wants to do.

I continue to work on strengthening the muscles that support the bionic knee. I've got a long way to go. Sometimes the knee feels great. Then there are the days when it hates me. I don't hate it though. Aside from the fact that I can't crouch (and haven't comfortably crouched for over 20 years), I'm content. My arthritis pain is long gone. My surgical pain remains. I'm able to ignore it for the most part. People tell me that I won't even remember any of this pain a year from now. Who knows? I may even be able to do a slight crouch by then. You know, for all of those baby tubes I surf so effortlessly.

9 Comments:

At 9/13/09, 3:01 PM, Blogger Tony Lewis said...

Them some good looking toes Sister...
Nice wax job too.
That scar though...OUCH!

 
At 9/13/09, 3:32 PM, Blogger WaterGirl said...

Hey, I’m a new blogger you can find here at this url http://surfingwavesforbeginners.blogspot.com, and your site is very related to mine; I thought it would be beneficial for both of us to do a blogroll link exchange. Please let me know if you’re interested.

 
At 9/13/09, 4:05 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

There are actually two long scars in the picture. The third isn't visible from this angle.

Yeah, I'm totally anal about my wax. I just laid down some bumps on the new PG hull.

As for the toes, they normally have alternating colors of polish on them. Sometimes I take a break from that. Obviously, this picture was taken during that break.

 
At 9/13/09, 4:47 PM, Blogger christian said...

I love the guest blogger idea. Can't wait to read what others have to say, in addition to inflicting my own psycho-babble upon the readers of this fine blog.

 
At 9/14/09, 7:25 AM, Blogger pranaglider said...

Good luck with the guest blogger. I, for one, am thinking about chucking the whole blogging deal as there seems to be "no commercial potential".

 
At 9/14/09, 12:07 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

I blog for the joy of blogging. And I read other blogs for the stoke. I gave up on surf mags a long, long time ago. I seem to get the most enjoyment out of reading everyone else's stuff. Keep the blog . . . unless you just hate it. Otherwise, take a break (like so many of us have done) and come back when you feel like writing again.

 
At 9/14/09, 12:20 PM, Blogger pranaglider said...

I feel like writing! I have three different posts I could have gone with today. I just think I may need to turn my attention to something that will pay the bills. No one hires bloggers or even copy writers. So I may have to spend some time brushing up on my bit wrangler skills, instead of cracking myself up for a couple of hours every weekday morning.

 
At 9/14/09, 12:40 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

I'm unemployed too. The blog entertains me. That puts a smile on my face. And hey, I didn't have to pay for that smile.

I've gotten a few bites on the resumés I've sent out. I think I'll be in a cubicle again soon. I hate to return to that life, but somebody in this house has got to get a job. So . . .

 
At 9/27/09, 2:56 PM, Blogger KL said...

pranaglider- you're quite wrong. companies DO hire bloggers. I've been offered multiple times to travel the world, all expenses paid, just to blog about a trip the specific client goes on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home