28 February 2009

Surfboard to the Face (A Haiku)

The bridge stands defiant,
witness to the bloodless coup
that left bone intact.

Translation: My board hit me in the nose. I saw stars. Luckily, nothing was broken. No blood, no searing pain. Just a little bit of shock and awe. Yes, it turned out to be an excellent session too!

Note: Several sites I looked at suggested that the well-known rule of three lines of 5-7-5 syllables and a seasonal reference is not the only acceptable form of Haiku.

3 Comments:

At 2/28/09, 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't happen with a mat!

Just sayin' ...

 
At 2/28/09, 9:05 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

I was thinking the same thing after I stopped seeing stars!

 
At 3/1/09, 1:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can see the next generation of Billy Mays surfmat promo copy now...

"Full body workout..with no broken noses!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home