18 February 2009

The Sole Survivor


This is the one book I didn't sell when I decided to let go of my collection of signed Bukowski works. I'd planned to keep it. Then I decided there was no reason to keep it. I'd rather have the cash. I'm not sure how much I paid for the book, but the bidding for it is now at $355. Truly amazing. I paid less than $100 for it. I knew it, and all of the other signed Bukowski books, leaflets and chapbooks I collected, would eventually be worth a small fortune. I was not mistaken.

I've got nothing surf-worthy to talk about. I know there's surf out there. I'm not stepping foot in that dirty water for another day. I'm tempted, but I just can't do it. When I feel like my willpower is waning, I remind myself that surfing after a rain is like surfing in the toilet of someone with bad eating habits, IBS and a belief that cleanliness is not next to godliness. Even if the surf is good, I can wait.

5 Comments:

At 2/19/09, 2:27 AM, Blogger Paul Gross said...

Wise decision, Grasshopper...

 
At 2/19/09, 4:46 PM, Blogger Jamie Welsh Watson said...

Wow, that is cool about your books! Water is dirty up here, too. Yuck.

 
At 2/20/09, 8:27 AM, Blogger Esteban Pumpernickel said...

Most of my Bukowski books have been in a box in the garage for the last few years. I think that moving on from Buk may not be the worst the thing you can do. Though, signed copies may be another thing all together.

 
At 2/22/09, 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uhhh........... Bukowski is the literary equivalent of dirty water.
Pass the soap, please!!!!!!!

 
At 2/22/09, 2:07 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

At this point in my life, I run hot and cold with Bukowski. I've read just about all of his works. I feel no need to read them again. I collected them to sell them later. I knew they'd be worth something.

I did meet him once. Believe it or not, he was very nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home