31 January 2009

25 Random Things About Me

I blame Pet Cobra and Tres_Arboles for the meme. Consider yourself tagged. If you want to play along, let me know that you did so.

25. I hate to shop for clothes and don't hang out with women who find this pastime enjoyable.
24. I paint my toenails in alternating colors. Sometimes the colors alternate by toes. If I'm lazy, I'll paint the nails on my left foot a different color from the nails on my right foot.
23. I have three degrees and would happily pursue another if I had the money to do so.
22. I was once an illegal alien in The Netherlands; I was paid in cash while everyone else received a check.
21. Of the cars I've owned, my favorite was the Subaru WRX.
20. I practically live on hickory-flavored pistachio nuts I can only find at a particular farmer's market.
19. I live around the corner from the house I grew up in.
18. I don't claim to have many "favorite" things because my tastes are always in a state of flux.
17. I met my husband in 1989 at the Martin Luther King Day parade.
16. I played ice hockey as a kid.
15. I played soccer after that.
14. I blew out my knee playing soccer.
13. Knee replacement is in my future.
12. I'm not claustrophobic, but view cubicles as ersatz prison cells.
11. Tank tops are the new black.
10. Five tattoos and counting.
9. I've never been drunk; I don't ever drink more than two drinks.
8. I'm closing in on vegetarianism.
7. I've loved classic cars since childhood.
6. I learned to swim at 23.
5. I believe women should not tattoo their arms—spoils the look of a sleeveless dress (not that I wear such a garment often, but still).
4. My vocabulary always includes except for (e.g., "I don't do dairy except for parmesan cheese" or "I'm tired of longboard films except for those made by Herbie Fletcher").
3. I would like to live to a ripe old age but don't believe I will.
2. My quiver is never static.
1. I believe human beings are basically good.

2 Comments:

At 2/1/09, 9:44 AM, Blogger David J. Hirsh said...

Nice. Glad you followed-up.

21-Yup. I put a WRX engine in my Vanagon in 2004 and have wanted an STI ever since.

16-Hell to the yeah!

9-Don't worry, I got you covered here.

1-I generally agree with you. But that doesn't explain how people behave in traffic!

Oh, and as always, thanks for stopping by my place and checking my list.

Best,

David

 
At 2/2/09, 6:23 PM, Blogger dgm said...

Ugh, cubicles [shudder]. Hooray, tank tops and another degree!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home