30 September 2008

Oh, I Get It! This Board is a Ding Magnet!

I alluded to that fact before in this blog. The funny thing is that when I talked about it before, I was kidding. Now I'm not kidding. The board that cost me what many would consider a small fortune (for a surfboard) attracts dings like over-ripe bananas attract fruit flies. I ought to open an account with the folks who repair my boards. That would allow me utter that infamous bar scene line from old movies: "Put it on my tab." Really!! They should just give me the key to their shop so I can drop off the board when it's convenient. I won't steal anything. I'll unlock the door, slide the board in and quickly lock up again. They'll find the ding without me being there to point it out. What's worse is that I recently had them fix a huge crunch and a bevy of cracks and crackles. I told them to fix everything they could find. And now this? Oh well. Now I know what I'm dealing with. It's still a great board. But how often can you repair the same spot before it's time to give up?

Update on the secret quiver addition: I came clean to Soul Brother #1 yesterday. I'd love to say I will never keep a board a secret again. Can't make that promise. And don't judge me! You know many of you are as bad as I am!

4 Comments:

At 9/30/08, 8:53 PM, Blogger dgm said...

Is there a 12-step program for this sort of thing? :-)

 
At 9/30/08, 8:59 PM, Blogger Bill said...

I'm worse.

 
At 10/1/08, 12:18 PM, Blogger twin said...

Yikes!...and to think I was convinced that my own T was invincible. I'll be sure to stay away from rocks...

 
At 10/8/08, 3:43 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

I don't think all Tylers are ding magnets. I do think mine is. I dinged it within a week of getting it. I've been constantly fixing dings on that thing ever since.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home