27 October 2007

#@$!%#@!!! #@%@*&!



My favorite board . . . (sigh). My fear has always been that I'll break that thing. From the looks of these pictures, I came close today. But I can say one thing, we—the board and I—had a great session together today. I'm taking it into Mark for his diagnosis. It looks to me like a buckle. When I described it to him over the phone, he said the description of the cracks leads him to believe it's a buckle. #$%#@%!!!

UPDATE: Mark said it wasn't too bad. The cracks are only on one rail. It's not a buckle and it's easily fixed. Yet another reason to hug your local shaper!

8 Comments:

At 10/27/07, 12:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

:-(

 
At 10/27/07, 2:44 PM, Blogger Bill said...

Hmmmm looks like the dreaded
"Slick fuckle buckle" of which one of
my slicks has seen its share of...

:(

 
At 10/29/07, 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't see the whole top but is the stringer messed up at all? Looks more like a crunched rail. Are there any stress cracks across the top?

 
At 10/29/07, 10:08 AM, Blogger Surfsister said...

Anon, the board is okay. I stripped the wax off before I took it in. No stress cracks. It's not a buckle. Of course, now I'm completely paranoid about breaking this board since I think this happened in the shore pound. I pick the board up on Saturday.

 
At 10/31/07, 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a solid board. If there are no stress cracks there's no reason to believe it would snap for any previous weakness as long as you get this ding fixed well..You're in good shape I think.

 
At 11/1/07, 1:17 PM, Blogger gracefullee said...

Having buckled a couple boards myself, yours looks fine. Still, though, what are you doing in shore pound?!?

 
At 11/1/07, 1:23 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

The tide was getting high so the waves were breaking closer to shore. I took a long ride and then got caught in the shorepound during a set of about five waves.

 
At 11/2/07, 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kookin!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home