14 September 2007

A Wave Without a Shoulder . . .

is like a day without sunshine. Let's just say that even though the sun was out, it seemed overcast in the water. I think it's now fair to say I am not a big fan of El Porto. I went there today at CYT's behest. She likes it there. I'm finally ready to throw in the towel. It's really not a break for longboards. Granted, we were there when the tide was on the low, board-busting closeouts side, but still! The shape of that wave is such that the fun factor for me is almost non-existent. In other words, longboards need not apply. Yeah, I've been there and had fun on a few occasions. More often than not, I'm looking at waves with steep faces, too steep for a big stick. Perhaps I'll like it more when I dial in my shorter board. Perhaps I'll never know. From here on in, I'll just say "no" to El Porto.

1 Comments:

At 9/15/07, 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree with you more. I have been there a number of times and it is always steep, and more often than not, closed out. The shape just is not right for a longboard, in my opinion. I can't understand why everyone seems to like it so much. Not my kind of wave at all. Just say no.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home