19 September 2007

It Can't Rain Yet!!!

I know we need the rain. As much as I dislike rain, I'm glad it's on its way. But it cannot rain now. This weekend I'm supposed to participate in the Make a Wave Project at the home break. This is a 24-hour surf marathon. I'm doing two shifts, one on Saturday afternoon and one on Sunday morning. If it rains, I will not under any circumstances get in that water. Nope. Not gonna happen. Rain, can you just wait until Sunday evening, please? Today I finally started soliciting people for donations. Perhaps that was a good move since tomorrow is my honest-to-god last day at that job and everyone is showing me love. Now that I've gotten people to donate, I'm even more excited to participate in the event. Therefore, it cannot rain!!! Rain—no! Surf—yes!

7 Comments:

At 9/20/07, 9:04 AM, Blogger Daniel said...

Good luck on your surf marathon, sounds like fun.
Thanks for the JB's hookup on your blog, stoked!
Much aloha,
Daniel

Oh, the way, I linked you as well.

 
At 9/20/07, 11:51 AM, Blogger gracefullee said...

I think if it does rain, it would be a pretty striking image to have a bunch of surfers suited up with their boards lining the beach as a sort of frontline in the war on pollution.

I'm bummed I can't make it.

 
At 9/20/07, 4:15 PM, Blogger jb said...

I hear you about the rain deal, especially with all the funk that gets into the mix with the first rains.

Thanks for putting Mr. Stubblefield into the mix! I always appreciate your input at SB1000. Hope the marathon works out.

 
At 9/20/07, 4:15 PM, Blogger jb said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9/21/07, 8:21 AM, Blogger BeanCountingSurfer said...

Good luck with the marathon!!! I'll do the "Stay away a few more days" rain dance for you in my cubicle.

 
At 9/21/07, 10:32 AM, Blogger Surfsister said...

Thanks, everyone! Keep those "Don't Rain Until Sunday Evening" chants going.

Since we need the rain badly in So Cal, I won't be too disappointed if we get rained out of the water.

 
At 9/21/07, 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, now you're putting Resolution on your mypod. Damn! Keep it coming!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home