28 September 2007

Another One Bites the Dust

The quiver gets smaller and smaller every day. I said good-bye to another board yesterday. I seem to be leaning toward the "less is more" school of thought these days. Now the quiver consists of three and a half boards: two longboards, one mid-sized board and a board so short and bearing so much resemblance to a potato chip that I'm not even counting it as a complete board. I intend to get another board in the mid-sized range, one that's a little longer than the board I'm surfing exclusively right now. Then I'll be straight, at least for awhile.

Soul Brother #1 wanted to do a bike ride today. It's not hard to miss a session for a ride, especially when the conditions are pitifully small. Missing a session is also easier when you're no longer working 40 hours a week in a cubicle. I'm now free to surf during the week. I'm still working, but I'm working from home. I've not felt the need to take advantage of this newfound freedom. In fact, I'm no longer bent on surfing every day (like I was when I started surfing). If the conditions are mediocre, I'd rather do something else (like swim or lift weights) that will improve my surfing fitness. So, I'm thinking two weekdays in the pool and two weekdays in the water. Of course, I still want to surf on the weekends, but I don't have to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home