16 March 2007

Feelin' Better

I'm talking about my back, not about my job. I figured out yesterday that my back problem came from Soul Brother #2 and I being front ended a few days before. Some guy decided he should back up . . . quickly . . . into my car. I was bracing for it (and honking) but we still got a good tap. There was apparently no damage to the cars. It didn't hit me until later that I'd knocked my spine out of alignment a bit. But after taking a day off from working out, applying heat, and taking some anti-inflammatories, I'm good to go now. The pain is pretty much gone.

I don't feel better about the job. Reveiws are coming next week. I don't know what they'll say to me, but I have no reason to believe I won't get a good review. I do know that even though my review will be positive, they're not going to put their money where their mouths are.

Soul Brother #2 is close to losing his first tooth. The thing just wiggles. There aren't many things I remember about being a little kid. I do remember losing teeth. I was always fascinated by the loose tooth/gone tooth thing. Watching him go through it is a hoot. His belief in Santa is strong. His belief in the Tooth Fairy is not. In fact, Soul Grandmother #1 told him that she's the Tooth Fairy. We've all told him that that soon-to-be lost tooth will garner him a dollar. Yesterday, much to her surprise, he said to Soul Grandmother #1, "Don't tell anybody—give me a twenty."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home