03 March 2007

Oh, How Beautiful . . .


and flat. From what I can tell, it looked like this (i.e., flat) all day. I checked the cams when I got up this morning. There was nothing out there. It wasn't worth my while for my surfboards and I to head west hoping for the best. Once again, I got on the bike. The group I was with said they were going to do the route for the bike portion of tomorrow's L.A. Marathon. No, thanks! I work in a cubicle all week. The last thing I want to do on the weekend is ride east through Downtown L.A. and its skyscrapers filled with cubicles. I don't want to be reminded of what I'm forced to do 40 hours a week On the weekend, I need to see some open space. That's hard to come by in L.A. For me, the only open space left is the ocean. Suffice it to say, they went east. I went west. I checked two spots, hoping I'd find a little swell in the water, something to give me hope for a possible session on Sunday. Let's just say, it's not looking good for a Sunday session. I didn't see one real wave anywhere. Pathetic.

Later in the day, I spent some quality time with the shaper of my new board. It won't be making an appearance any time soon though. It'll be at least a month. That's fine. I've got to do some selling before I can do some buying. This gives me time to get my finances together.

4 Comments:

At 3/4/07, 4:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.surfline.com/video/video_player/video_player.cfm?id=80

 
At 3/4/07, 6:44 AM, Blogger Surfsister said...

Couldn't open the file. Surfline doesn't love Macs.

 
At 3/4/07, 8:23 PM, Blogger 6ftnperfect said...

Well, you didn't spend any time talking with me so the shaper had better be Alan!

 
At 3/4/07, 9:47 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

LOL. This is a guy Soul Brother #1 met over a year ago. He's a local L.A. shaper. I would have hooked up with you guys, but you're too far away!!! And he had to put up with me wanting what seemed (to me) like a non-existent shape.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home