10 October 2006

I Love Cars

I've loved cars, in general, since I was a little kid. But there are certain cars I love in particular. My favorite of all-time is the 1958 T-Bird. That was the first year of the 4-seater 'Birds. I've been pining for one of these for decades.



Since seeing one at a car show a few years ago, I now have a thing for the Ford Falcon Squire wagons. That would be a perfect surf buggy for this family.



If anyone wants to give me a Panoz, I won't turn it down. I promise.

4 Comments:

At 10/10/06, 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had two 65 Falcons. Although not the wagon (two door and 4 door), I frickin' loved them both. My 4-door was the classic story:

Bought it with 72k original miles. The dude I bought it from picked it up from an older widow whose late husband had it locked in a garage for years. It had 56K when my seller bought it in '93. It was cherry. Eventually, I sold it to a friend. It's still running great to this day.

 
At 10/11/06, 6:50 AM, Blogger Surfsister said...

I almost got a '64 T-Bird convertible back in the day. I was this close!! And then my dad said no. Drats!

 
At 10/13/06, 7:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

As a child, my family had both a 4 seater T-Bird and a Squire "Woody" wagon. No Panoz though...

 
At 10/13/06, 7:58 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

I still remember our gigantic Mercury Monterey. That thing was monstrous. I distinctly remember sitting in the back seat and being amazed by how much car there was around me. Gotta love old cars!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home