01 September 2005

Real Life (and Death)

This post isn't about surfing. File it under "Fury". Anyway, the events in Louisiana and Mississippi leave me speechless. I have no words for my feelings. I won't even watch the news. Why bother? The whole situation is going to get worse before it gets better.


So there's a blog I've been quietly reading for a few months. The woman who started it decided over the weekend that she no longer wants to use extreme measures to fight her cancer. Simply put, she's ready for death. I find it very touching. You can check out her blog here.

1 Comments:

At 9/2/05, 12:32 PM, Blogger gracefullee said...

I know, Sis. I know. I can't seem to stop watching, though. Last night, on the news... and then a commercial break selling a huge Dodge truck. Such conspicuous consumerism juxtaposed against images of our neighbors who have lost what little they had to begin with. I don't understand how our government can motivate to build barracks and blow up sand castles when our government seems to be befuddled on how to help those in our own Gulf. If you don't got money, you're "Forgotten" by this administration.

Okay. I'm going to stop now before I get more angry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home