18 August 2005

I Couldn't Make It Happen Today

I drove all the way out to LPB knowing I probably wouldn't get in. Still, even with the gas prices, the place is worth the travel time. It's just beautiful there. I like it there. People are so much more laid back than at our well-known L.A. breaks. Even when my session there isn't stellar, the karma is always good and I come home in a good frame of mind. I thought I might run into Whiff today. As I was making the drive up, I realized I was going to miss him. I hadn't even realized it takes me an hour to get there. I'd never thought about how much time I spend in the car until one of my homies from the Black Surfing Association mentioned the drive time to someone yesterday. I stood in the lot and talked for about an hour today. I ran into a guy from my home break, a shortboarder who just rips. We watched the set waves come through. I talked about going in, but I was happier taking the day off. In fact, I enjoyed my talk with him. He gave me the lowdown on his surfing background and talked to me about the town I was considering moving to. We just generally got to know one another better.

But tomorrow is another day. I'm hoping to take Gracefullee to LPB tomorrow. It's a wave she would love. That I know for a fact. She likes those steep drops. I'm still getting used to them.

4 Comments:

At 8/18/05, 1:13 PM, Blogger Whiffleboy said...

I'm dragging my ass back up there tomorrow, although, I'm sure we'll miss each other again as I'm on DP again.

 
At 8/18/05, 1:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

What's up with the price of gas in California anyway?!? I can't believe it is even higher than here in the islands, but according to what I've been reading, California is the highest in the nation. Methinks they have you guys by the shorthairs!

Where ya thinking of moving to?

 
At 8/18/05, 1:54 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

Well, I was thinking Oceanside but he told me why I might want to rethink that (because it doesn't have much diversity). As I was driving through Malibu, I saw a gas station attendant change the price of the lowest grade to $2.99. So you can only guess what the other two grades cost.

 
At 8/19/05, 7:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

O-side is mostly made up of w-trash and jar heads, it's the most affordable in North County, but that seems to be changing. BTW, Kassia Meador lives there now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home