12 April 2005

I'm Not Having Any Fun

This cold water is beginning to get to me. I'm finally on spring break. I've been waiting for this down time for weeks. I figured I'd be surfing every day. Well, it's Tuesday and I'm already rethinking this "surf every day" thing. I'm just too cold to enjoy surfing right now. I'd planned to head to San O on Friday, but between the cold water and the price of gas, I can't justify making the trip. I don't think I'd enjoy myself. So, right now I'm not too happy with surfing. But I'll get over it. I always do.

3 Comments:

At 4/12/05, 6:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally hear ya---it's F'n freezing out there!! Bernie came home with blue lips on Sunday after surfing at Ocean Park. And I still am thawing out from last week.

 
At 4/12/05, 9:49 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

I had on a 4/3 and a fleece-lined rashguard. I was still cold. I even had on booties. I'd put those things away weeks ago since this had been a relatively tame winter in terms of temperature. I just had a bad day in the water. I'll simply have to change my attitude when I go out tomorrow.

 
At 4/13/05, 9:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Down here at San-O, even with gloves and booties guys are coming out saying how numb and frozen their hands and feet are. Not to mention that the swell has been blocked by the islands. Me, I'm staying warm and dry unless it gets real good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home