22 February 2005

I Need to Surf

The fury, as you can tell, is here. And it doesn't seem to be abating.

On a better note, my little one saw his first rainbow this morning. It was truly stunning. He was overjoyed. Then, when he went back to look for it about 10 minutes later, the rainbow was gone. As we left the house, he looked so forlorn.
"What's the matter?"
"I sad."
"Are you sad because the rainbow is gone?"
He nodded and walked away. Okay so I didn't get to surf today. At least I got to see that. What a cool little kid he is! That was enough to keep the fury at bay for awhile. But damn, people, I need to surf.

1 Comments:

At 2/22/05, 5:56 PM, Blogger Whiffleboy said...

My 6yr old stepdaughter saw one this morning as well. She had two suggestions:

1)"Let's follow it so we can get a pot of gold" and,

2)"The fairies in Fairytopia guard the pot of gold so we should dress as fairies so we can get it"

After biting my tongue nearly completely off trying to hold back the plethora of witty comebacks running through my brain after hearing #2, I gained my composure and offered to drive her to the other end on the condition we split the bounty. She passed and eventually hit up her Mom. :-)

Greed trumped by greed.

Whiffleboy
Confessions of a Novice Surfer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home