12 April 2012

I've Been Busy

It's hard to stay completely stoked when you're still in pain on a daily basis. I'm still in a battle against the scar tissue, working hard to regain complete range of motion in the ankle. At this point, I'm not sure whether I'm winning or losing. I do know that it hurts. With that said, I've followed the doctor's orders. I've surfed when I could. Out of the three sessions I've had since returning to the water, I spent two of them trying to ignore the pain. The third? Well, that one was magic. The pain was minimal and I surfed like my old self.

The ankle continues to ache. I'm sure the rainy weather doesn't help with that. The fact that I do what I do doesn't help either. Today, I find myself not wanting to do much of anything. There is the pool, yes, but the pool bores me to tears. I could go walk in the soft sand at the beach, but that no longer taxes the ankle. There will be no surfing until the water is clean. I do not, and will not, surf after it rains. Period.

So, here I am, speaking basic Italian out loud and wondering how best to learn to tune a drumkit. I have no idea how to spell the Italian sentences I've learned. And I'll be damned if I don't confuse some Italian words for Spanish words. Why am I trying to learn a little Italian? I work in a small office with three Italians, two Russians and one other American. Our company works only for Italian companies. I hear Italian on a daily basis. As a result, I thought learning some Italian might be good for my brain and mind-blowing for my co-workers. I mean, how many black folks in America are going to walk up to you and just start speaking in your native tongue? The looks on their faces are priceless with a capital "P".

As for the drums, I haven't started disturbing the neighbors yet.

But I will.

1 Comments:

At 4/12/12, 11:19 AM, Blogger Surfing Grandma of OC said...

HA! When I get my down time.. I plan on clearing my head, doing a detox/cleanse..surf..learn more on my ukulele...go room by room in my house and give it the TLC it needs...pick up a new language,I was thinking maybe French, but Italian would work too,so we can communicate LOL?? & decide on what path I want to take when it comes to my future occupation.YES I AM OPEN FOR SUGGESTIONS!..

..So why am I saying this..I get better at the Uke,you on drums and Tracy on guitar.. we should have a jam session and speak Italian.. PS.. Tracy is Italian ;-).. I think she speaks it too!..OH and we need to gang up on Alain..for sure!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home