08 November 2011

On Greenough's Birthday, You Ride Your Mat!

The home break closeouts are actually quite enjoyable on a mat. My 4GF 5GF worked quite nicely, helping me to get on the shoulders before they folded over on themselves.

George Greenough is 70 years old.

And he still rides a mat.

Therefore, he's still in the ocean at a time when he probably would have had to stop surfing a standard surfboard—not that Greenough spent much time on a surfboard. But I'd bet it would have been hard to ride a spoon at 70 too.

The mat doesn't discriminate based on age. The mat, in fact, doesn't discriminate at all. If you don't already have one in your quiver, shame on you.

In mats we trust.

2 Comments:

At 11/9/11, 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice shot! shadow makes it look like you and the mat are floating above the water.

 
At 11/9/11, 4:30 PM, Blogger Dr Mad Fish said...

I have no doubt I will be moving to a mat, or a boogie board or some other craft when I can no longer do stand up surfing. It's about the sea after all.

NIce shot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home