08 August 2009

New Acquisition for the Woman Cave


As soon as this little eBay beauty arrived in the mail, I ran out to the Woman Cave to set it up. How does one set up a record player? Plug it in. You're done. That's it. There's no surround sound. No treble. No bass. No loudness. No balance. No tone. No nothing. You plug it in and plop an album on there. Since we are talking about me, the player was, of course, christened with some Led Zeppelin and Motown. Smiles, everyone, smiles!! How happy am I to have an honest to God record player? I love the simplicity of it. It's all about the music coming out of those little speakers. You either appreciate it for what it is or you don't. I appreciate it. Now there's a CD player at one end of the room and a record player at the other. Both of them sit on milk crates our former tenant hijacked from somewhere. Then I stole them from her. (That'll teach you not to pay your rent on time!)

I've got hundreds of records. I never listen to them because Soul Brother #1 and I do not have the same taste in music. Our stereo with the turntable and the television share the same room. He loves the TV. I prefer music. Since he's usually watching TV when he's home, I never listen to my records. Well, I never used to listen to records. Now I can go lift weights in the Woman Cave and spin vinyl to my heart's content.

11 Comments:

At 8/8/09, 8:22 PM, Anonymous PG said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surrealistic_Pillow

 
At 8/8/09, 8:57 PM, Blogger Surfing Grandma of OC said...

Very Cool!!!

 
At 8/9/09, 5:00 AM, Blogger Growling Gecko said...

Led Zep - All-time best Rock and Roll band!

 
At 8/9/09, 8:42 AM, Blogger Phishdoggie said...

Led Zepplin and Motown, a woman after my own heart!
P.S. JB aka(The Godfather of Soul)is still the greatest ever!

 
At 8/9/09, 9:29 AM, Blogger Surfsister said...

Andrew, that goes without saying on this blog! His infamous live concert at the Apollo in the mid-60's is what's in the CD player in the Woman Cave. I can't always listen to that because I then spend more time dancing than working out.

PG, I'm going to get that album since you recommended it.

 
At 8/9/09, 3:09 PM, Blogger Steve and Cher Pendo said...

Love it! enjoy and rock on, joy helps the healing. Aloha, Cher and Steve

 
At 8/9/09, 8:04 PM, Blogger tango said...

My 17 year old daughter Aley just completed her first job. Over the past 6 weeks she has been working at her High school helping to restore the plant nursery. She also has been doing some plant restoration at one of the local points overlooking the Pacific. Along with Nursery/Plant Restoration she is being taught carpentry and metal working. Her commit to me last week when she arrived home was: "I like to Drill" :0) Her comment to me this week, "I'm gonna but a record player with some of that money that I made"!!!! She's got some "Old School" built into her too!

Peace and Rock-On,

Tom

 
At 8/10/09, 1:44 PM, Blogger Jamie Welsh Watson said...

That is just so cool!

We have a record player but haven't used it in several months. You have inspired me to turn it on...

 
At 8/10/09, 1:50 PM, Blogger Phishdoggie said...

I had the honor of meeting James on more than one occasion first in the late seventies and then in the early eighties. I worked in a huge night club in South Jersey back in the day and got to go back stage and hang out with James and the JBs. Very, very, cool since I grew up with my folks being big fans well as you can guess I was stoked! I will see if I can download a picture taken of me, my cousin and the man circa 1983. He was the hardest working man in show biz for sure!
Andrew

 
At 8/10/09, 1:55 PM, Blogger Phishdoggie said...

PS Can't wait until I get my new knee. Firs thing I'm going to do is throw on "Get on the Good Foot" and move and groove! Owwwww!

 
At 8/10/09, 4:09 PM, Anonymous Paulo Ribeiro said...

very cool record player.
I've also bought one recently, but I don't listen as much as I would like - and for the same reasons (tv girlfriend) ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home