13 July 2009

Swim, Rinse, Repeat

I swam to the buoy again today.That's me doing my best imitation of Buoy, Jr.

Note the tiny thigh above the bionic (left) knee. A year from now, the muscles in that leg should be firing on all cylinders.

Busy day today. I managed to squeeze in a buoy swim between my massage therapy appointment and my physical therapy appointment. I've gained four degrees of flexion from somewhere. I can't believe how happy that news made me. I guess I was getting discouraged. Now my resolve is even stronger. I'm going to get this leg to bend, dammit. I'm not giving up on it yet.

Oh! My physical therapist cleared me to ride the mat. She said I should go no longer than 30 minutes for the first couple of sessions. Then I'm to see how the knee feels. If the pain isn't too great, I'm good to go (i.e., do short mat sessions a few times a week).

6 Comments:

At 7/13/09, 7:19 PM, Blogger pranaglider said...

you're back!

 
At 7/13/09, 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are 2/3 of the way to becoming a triathlete(swim-bike-run)

Can you say Ironman?

Just kidding, nice job getting back in the mattle.

 
At 7/15/09, 8:22 AM, Blogger Patch said...

awesome!

 
At 7/15/09, 3:31 PM, Blogger 6ftnperfect said...

Lookin' good SS1!

 
At 7/18/09, 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news about your recovery/swim! I'm curious about your mat - how long have you used it? What kind is it? What kind of fins do you use? I'm so wanting to get one and relive the days of my youth at Hermosa Beach, riding mats with my brother and friends.
Thanks!

 
At 7/18/09, 11:07 AM, Blogger Surfsister said...

Anon, I ride a standard size 4th Gear Flyer with Tech fins. I've not been riding mats for long. I'd wanted one for a long time and finally caught up with Paul Gross, mat maker and surfboard shaper extraodinaire. I love surfing my boards but I think the mat is a close second in my heart. And when you see pictures of me on the mat, I've always got an ear-to-ear grin. You should get you one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home