12 July 2009

That Was Way Too Easy

Perhaps it was the low tide. Or the nice, buoyant wetsuit. Or the dolphins? The sunshine? The good company?

I swear it took me all of about five minutes to reach the buoy (with Ria paddling her board next to me). I'm a different swimmer than I was last year when I did this swim on several occasions. I wasn't at all nervous. I was too excited about being back in the ocean.

So, I swam to the buoy. I hung out there for awhile talking. Then I swam south a bit. I managed to run into Ria during that part. Ha! I cannot swim straight. If it weren't for the line at the bottom of the lane, I'd probably be all over the pool! I eventually swam back to the buoy before heading in. After I got out, I thought about going back in for another swim. Then I decided to leave well enough alone. My goal was to swim to the buoy. That's what I did. There was no need to act like I'm a cyborg. I am partially bionic and even that is not without pain at this point. I made myself head to the car. I was happily surprised that my knee felt fine while braving the shorepound. I really thought it would hurt like hell.

It's time to paddle out with the mat!

4 Comments:

At 7/12/09, 1:53 PM, Blogger twin said...

nice!!


word ver = leggy (no shit)

 
At 7/12/09, 2:24 PM, Blogger pranaglider said...

Indeed it is time to paddle out on the mat.

My verification word is "veree"

As in Veree good!

 
At 7/12/09, 4:24 PM, Blogger pabs said...

Congrats on your achievement...I saw a bunch of swimmers swimming the cold glacier lake that sits behind the UAS campus. Looks like I'll be joining a gym to ensure my surf stroke and swimming skills don't get worse.

 
At 7/12/09, 5:21 PM, Blogger 6ftnperfect said...

awesome!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home