18 April 2009

The Ubiquitous Quiver Shot


(Clockwise starting with the red board)

7'0" Soul Performance mid-sized custom thruster
9'2" Chris Slick single fin
9'3" Paul Gross longboard hull
9'1" Salted performance noserider
7'3" TG "bonzer" speed egg
5'10" TG mini-Simmons

After I'd put all of the boards away I realized I forgot to include my mat in the picture. That was made by Paul Gross too.

I took this picture to use for motivation during my rehab. Right now, all of the boards are in the garage. One may get to see the light of day if I surf tomorrow. Then it will return to hibernation with the rest of the quiver.

Four of the boards bear my name on the stringer. Those same four boards were also made by folks who blog.

Yes, I know there are a lot of longboards. They are my weapon of choice most of the time. I love the glide. I love to find trim. When I want to make attempts to tackle bigger waves for which longboards are unsuited, I turn to the boards in the seven foot range.

I don't ride a shortboard. I never will ride a shortboard. I am 45 years old and female. What am I going to do with a shortboard other than sell it on Craigslist? Don't hate. Don't judge. Just surf.

7 Comments:

At 4/18/09, 4:28 PM, Blogger Tony Lewis said...

I got three waves for you today, two you made with a nice little cover up, the other one...well, you kinda flailed but looked good doing it.
3'-5' and offshore, 47 water, 78 air.
A good as Oregon gets!
Oh, nice quiver, board fiend!

 
At 4/18/09, 4:30 PM, Blogger Surfsister said...

That's what I'm talkin' about!! A cover up? That's the kind of wave riding karma I need. Thanks!!!

 
At 4/18/09, 7:18 PM, Blogger Tony Lewis said...

And...I have ridden mostly longboards the last few years but since I started shaping, my boards have shrunk.
My go to is 6'10" though I rode a 6'4" most of the Winter.
Mini Simmons boards of course.
I saw the big 50 come and go last year...but shaping my own has given my surfing a boost.
That and Geritol.
Team Geritol.
Ha!
Take care, I leave tomorrow finally and hope to catch the coming south swell...down south.
Take care Sister Surfer!

 
At 4/18/09, 8:16 PM, Blogger Nigel S. Peppercock said...

Longboards are essential, you don't need to justify them. Chances are if it's belly high and lining up, you'll find me getting the laaaag ready.

 
At 4/19/09, 8:55 AM, Blogger HeadHighGlassy said...

*high-pitched voice offscreen*
Get the laaaag ready

 
At 4/20/09, 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are some big boards!

 
At 4/21/09, 7:57 AM, Blogger Jamie Welsh Watson said...

You rock! That is a great idea to use this for recovery inspiration. Rooting for you!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home